Cyberlink PowerDirector 20, or 365 for those going for the subscription option, is a powerful yet simple video editor, making it an ideal starting point for beginners. This video editor, now on its twentieth version, has reached a state that places it in our list of the best video editing software. This version comes with a selection of updates including AI-powered tools to make workflow faster.
One of the most excellent new features in PowerDirector is a multi-camera editing mode. It is a powerful system for creating video synchronizing, combining, and color matching clips shot from various perspectives of the same scene. Once that would only have been needed by studios, but now video blogging is becoming more sophisticated and often uses multiple cameras.
Chroma key masking has also been enhanced to allow you to select multiple color ranges for the mask in cases where the screen isn’t perfect. Rather than creating a complete mess of a stack on a single project timeline, you can work on one piece of a project and then incorporate it into a parent project. Beyond those headline features, PowerDirector 17 has quite a few other exciting upgrades, including integrated audio editing:
Overview of CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate Features
- Express Video Creation
- Action Camera Center
- Simplified Color Adjustment
- One-click Color Correction
- Intelligent Color Match
- Color Grading like the Pros
- Customizable Design Tools
- New Effects – Title Designer
- Enhanced – PiP Designer
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7 Service Pack 1 (64 bit OS recommended)
- Processor: Intel Core i-series or AMD Phenom II and above
- Graphics Processor (GPU):
- Standard Video: 128 MB VGA VRAM or higher
- 360-video: DirectX 11 compatible
- AI Plugin: 2GB VGA VRAM or higher. Please see our FAQ for a detailed list of supported graphics cards.
- RAM: 2GB required (6GB or above recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 10 GB