VRED 3D visualization software helps designers and engineers create product presentations, design reviews, and virtual prototypes using interactive raytracing and analytic render modes.
- Create high-quality renderings on premises or in the cloud
- Visualize, review, and validate with ease and accuracy
- Collaborate on any device, including VR
Assemble and maintain complex control models with VRED
- Transform digital design and engineering data into a holistic digital control model.
- Manage complex data sets and use as a single source of truth.
- Evaluate human-machine interaction content within the context of a digital prototype.
Connect people and data seamlessly to enhance decision making
- Access the latest design data from anywhere, anytime and review in high quality.
- Collaboratively review data on desktop, mobile, and in virtual reality using a variety of tools, utilities, and streaming APIs.
Features in VRED 3D product visualization and virtual prototyping software let you create compelling product presentations, design reviews, and virtual prototypes in real time.
Data preparation and navigation
- Camera and navigation (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Interface improvements and visibility in the render view are among the many enhancements to the Camera function.
- Data preparation and scene handling (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – UV Editor improvements include scale checker texture to adjust and better spot distorted areas.
- Navigation in a scene – Navigate more easily within a VRED scene and control which objects to select.
Enhanced geometry behavior – Work more easily with the geometry, promote geometry simply, and communicate your designs more effectively.
- File I/O and interoperability (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Get support for Alias Variants and Transform Pivots support in VRED with enhancements to the Alias wire import capability.
- Import Alias layer structure – Wire files from Alias industrial design software are imported with the corresponding layer and tagging information.
- Light (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Improvements to lighting within VRED scenes, as well as support for more functionality in OpenGL mode.
Human-machine interface (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Visualize HTML 5 content in a VRED scene, including immersive validation of a user HMI design in 3D.
- Pre-rendering shadows into geometry – Bake light shadows into geometry to get a more natural view of the object with fewer calculations.
Subsurface scattering (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Accurately simulate the translucent behaviors of materials such as skin, milk, wax, and plastic.
- Lens flares (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Create a lens flare effect for your lights in ray tracing and OpenGL modes.
Fog effect in VRED (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Create an atmospheric fog effect in your scene, with controls for color, falloff, and density.
- Realistic materials – Use a wide range of photorealistic automotive virtual prototyping materials such as glass, car paint, and metal.
- Powerful lighting options – Easily control brightness using HDR lighting to illuminate an entire scene with a high-dynamic-range picture.
- Physical camera setting – The camera module’s physical parameters make elaborate post-processing unnecessary.
Measured materials (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Visualize realistic behavior based on captured material data with measured materials.
- Displacement mapping – Efficiently simulate highly detailed surface structure based on texture information in real time.
- Layered glass material – Single-sided objects can have a simulated thickness to achieve the appropriate index of refraction (IOR).
- Transform variants (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Add multiple transforms as variants to Scenegraph nodes to reduce scene size and memory usage.
- Virtual reality interaction (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Get a more natural look and feel in your VR environment with fully rigged and posable hands and preset gestures in VRED.
- Animation module – Create keyframe animations in real time. Simulate motion sequences and produce moving images.
- Variants and Variant Sets – Present different configurations of your 3D model using Variants and VariantSets.
- Support for new HMD (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – In addition to our VR Oculus Rift and HTC Vive support, VRED offers extended support for head-mounted displays.
- Virtual reality enhancements (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Improvements include omnidirectional stereo render for 360-degree style images for mobile and web VR.
- VRED app (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Remotely control a VRED scene from your mobile device when connected to the Internet.
- Enhancements in materials – Improved metallic car paint options allow for more realistic automotive virtual prototyping.
- Clipping module – Use 3D clipping on digital data, polygons, and even native NURBS data.
- Annotations (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Attach annotations directly to a 3D model during an interactive review.
- Alias curvature shader (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Use the same curvature shader evaluation mode available in Alias industrial design software.
- Visual simulation (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Visual simulation features help you better understand lighting distribution inside a scene.
- Layer module (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Set material override in the Render Layer module. Store render passes in pre-composed layered EXR and PSD files.
- Render passes and render layer – For additional post-processing, export your render passes for further adaptations in image processing software.
- Better results with fewer cycles – Improve visual quality for interior scenes with fewer overall samples with a noise reduction tool for rendering.
- Multiple rendering modes – Rendering modes deliver various levels of display quality and speed. Switch between OpenGL and ray tracing mode.
- Cluster Manager (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Organize how multiple users share a cluster, schedule cluster ray tracing, and manage jobs.
- Sequencer (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Organize complex batch processes and execute them sequentially, on a single machine or in a CPU cluster environment.
- TrueNURBS (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Build NURBS topology or rebuild an existing one. With TrueNURBS, you can load native NURBS data from a CAD model.
- Spectral rendering (VRED PROFESSIONAL ONLY) – Achieve color correctness and capture realistic dispersion effects with wavelength-based spectral rendering.