Revit 2023 Overview
Revit is the latest step in the continual evolution and development of Revit for multidiscipline BIM, the intelligent model-based process used to plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure. Revit supports a multidiscipline, collaborative design process.
The Revit software product, based on the Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology, is designed to design, build, and manage high-quality, energy-efficient buildings. It is a full-featured solution that combines the possibilities of architectural design, engineering systems design, and building structures, as well as construction modeling (Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, and Revit Structure).
This release marks some movement along that path. The road map defines forward-looking themes that guide and prioritize Revit features and functionality development with input coming directly from you via the Revit Ideas Page.
Features of Revit 2023
- Streamline your modeling workflows by working directly in perspective views.
- When you import or link certain items into a model, you can apply tags to these items.
- Use the Split Element tool on structural columns and framing elements
- To ensure that structural connections from this application adhere to the latest standards
- Resize runs of connected fabrication parts using the Properties palette or the Edit Parts dialog.
- When using certain automatic fill tools, you can specify fabrication parts to be excluded.
- Easily change the service on MEP fabrication parts in a model using the Properties palette.
- Change the size (diameter) of a hanger support rod while maintaining accurate costing data.
- Add or remove a damper or change the damper type on fabrication parts that support built-in dampers.
- Use the Split Element tool and Split with Gap tool on any fabrication straight.