Inventor CAD software provides professional-grade 3D mechanical design, documentation, and product simulation tools. Work efficiently with a powerful blend of parametric, direct, freeform, and rules-based design capabilities.
- Powerful blend of parametric, direct, freeform, and rules-based design capabilities.
- Integrated tools for sheet metal, frame design, tube and pipe, cable & harness, presentations, rendering, simulation, machine design, and more.
- Trusted DW compatibility and powerful Model-Based Definition capabilities for embedding manufacturing information directly in the 3D model.
Share feedback with built-in collaboration tools
- Work with anyone, anywhere no matter what CAD software they use.
- Collect feedback from stakeholders wherever they are using cloud-based design review.
- Follow the product development lifecycle with one data model.
Satisfy demands for custom products and automate processes
- Design efficiently using specialized industry toolsets.
- Enable design automation powered by iLogic.
- Access Inventor API to create add-ins.
- Access Forge Design Automation API for running job processes in the cloud.
- Increase your sales opportunities while participating in BIM projects.
- Automate the simplification of your designs for required LOD.
- Include necessary metadata for BIM-authoring tools.
- Export your designs to a BIM-ready Revit format.
- Parametric modeling – Focus on design as you create and edit your 3D models with an intuitive user interface.
- Assembly modeling – See how your design will go together and perform at the assembly level.
- Drawing creation – Quickly create clear, accurate, detailed drawings for manufacturing.
- Shared view collaboration – Collaborate on your models or designs online. Anyone can review and comment on shared views in the Autodesk viewer.
- Work with non-native data – Maintain an associative link to non-native CAD data.
- BIM interoperability – Convert configurable 3D CAD models into BIM objects.
- Design configurations – Enable rapid configurations powered by iLogic.
- Automated frame design – Quickly design and test structural frames.
- Sheet metal – Design and prepare complex sheet metal products for manufacturing.
- Model-based definition – Include manufacturing information in your 3D model for downstream applications.
- Content center – Choose your standard components from a comprehensive customizable library.
- Shape Generator – Create and evaluate high-performing design options in minutes.
- Flexible modeling – Use the right modeling tool for every job with parametric, freeform, and direct modeling tools.
- Direct modeling – Use easy push/pull controls to move, rotate, resize, or scale features from imported geometries.
- Freeform modeling – Freely sculpt the shape of your design by moving points, edges, and faces.
- Mechanical concept and layout design – Open DWG™ files directly inside Inventor as the basis for your 3D model.
- Component generators and calculators – Use built-in calculators to inform the design of common joints such as welds, clamps, and press fits.
- Tube and pipe design – Use a combination of automated tools and full-control design functions in Inventor to build tube and pipe runs.
- Printed circuit board interoperability – Integrate your electronics and mechanical designs into a single, complete definition of your product.
- Data management – Robust search function makes it easy to find files and quickly copy design files. Connects to Vault (included in Product Design & Manufacturing Collection).
Simulation and visualization
- Dynamic simulation – Apply forces to evaluate the motion, speed, and acceleration of your design.
- Stress analysis – Run quick checks on parts or perform an in-depth analysis of the entire product at any stage.
- Exploded views and animations – Use exploded views and animations of complex assemblies in product documentation, manuals, and assembly instructions.