Overview of Autodesk Inventor Nesting Utility Benefits
Autodesk Inventor Nesting Utility is CAD-embedded sheet metal nesting software that helps optimize yield from flat raw material. Nesting Utility works right inside Autodesk Inventor software, so nesting studies can be created and then updated to reflect any changes to the design. Easily compare nesting studies to optimize efficiency and reduce costs, and export 3D models or DXF files of the completed nest for cutting path generation.
Overview of Autodesk Inventor Nesting Utility Features
- Generate multiple sheet nests to reduce raw material waste. Optimize the use of materials in flat-cutting operations.
- Nest sheet metal parts and assemblies modeled in Inventor or import DXF files, all within the nesting workspace inside Inventor.
- Create 3D models of a nest and generate cutting paths with Inventor CAM or export DXF files. Use DXF files in AutoCAD and other toolpath-making software.
- Quickly review and compare reports for each nesting study. Get details such as overall efficiency, total cost, and machining time.
Technical Details and System Requirements
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Update KB2919355
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7 SP1
- Recommended:Intel Xeon E3 or Core i7 or equivalent, 3.0 GHz or greater
- Minimum:64-bit Intel or AMD, 2 GHz or faster
- Recommended:20 GB RAM or more
- Minimum:8 GB RAM
- Recommended:250 GB free disk space or more
- Minimum:100 GB free disk space