Alias is design software that lets you create products and improve processes with a single design pipeline.
- Seamlessly collaborate across different workflows and personas.
- Increase productivity and eliminate the need to toggle between siloed systems.
- Use a single source for design from sketch through production surfacing.
- Virtually collaborate in Alias with Create VR for Alias.
Make faster design decisions with automated workflows
- Create and reuse templates across design and surfacing teams—sharing surfacing language.
- Curve and Surface replace workflows with the History Visualizer tool, enabling automatic rebuild of geometry.
- Faster design iterations with computational design inside Alias software.
Enhance collaboration with Alias Assemblies
- Collaborate across teams and manage projects with a single suite of tools for faster decision-making.
- Allow Alias and non-Alias modelers to collaborate with Alias Assemblies and Master Alias Assembly Concept.
- Review design projects with Shotgun to keep creative teams focused.
Concept Design and Fast Content Modeling
Sketching and illustration tools
Draw and edit with integrated tools. Capture lines, circles, and ellipses with predictive strokes.
Flexible product modeling
Fast, repeatable, curve-based modeling tools let you directly edit and sculpt 3D models.
Fast concept modeling
Get a complete concept model workflow, from sketch to final concept model.
Photoshop live link
Sketches from Photoshop can be linked to Alias. Changes to sketches are dynamically updated in Alias.
Dynamic shape modeling
Quickly manipulate your product model and explore shape variations on 3D forms without rebuilding geometry.
3D sculpt surfaces by directly adjusting surface control vertices. Use curve-based tools, direct modeling, and more.
Detailed Design and Surface Analysis
Deck seam (similar to a flat fell seam) has been added to the Stitch and Seam tool.
Precise surface creation
Use tools that help you create mathematical shapes. Control pitch with the Revolve tool, and more.
Make smooth transitions between surfaces.
Light ray effects and reflections
Study your surfaces in a virtual lighting studio with the Light Tunnel tool.
Quickly generate complex repeatable patterns, and enable rapid design iterations and exploration.
Automatic arrays of shapes
Simplify uniform and nonuniform objects using arrays. Create arrays of lines and surfaces in 2D and 3D.