Adobe Premiere Elements was first released back in 2004 and is a consumer video editing software that’s ideal for those new to video editing or that want to make professional looking home movies and share them quickly with friends and family.
If you’re looking for something to preserve those special family memories then Adobe Premiere Elements is ideal for the home movie maker with no experience.
Although it’s far more lightweight that Adobe Premiere, it still allows you to choose between multi-track and keyframe editing, special effects, edit 4K video and add a variety of professional looking texts to your videos.
Latest Updates To Adobe Premiere Elements
- The biggest updates to Adobe Premiere Elements 2022 were the addition of Artificial Intelligence (AI) features which automate a lot of video editing.
- In Quick Mode, Adobe’s Sensei technology can automatically crop video by detecting elements like shaky footage, poorly focused shots and removing them without you having to do a thing.
- Of course, you can take control and reverse edits but for editing amateur camera work, this can save a lot of time.
Other improvements in Premiere Elements 2022 include:
- Auto Reframe which automatically crops your video for the correct Aspect Ratio. This makes it easier to post video designed for widescreen HD or 4K screens to social media such as Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Social Media Aspect Ratio which automatically sets up Adobe Premiere Elements to export your video to social media sites all of which have their own specific aspect ratio and customization settings.
- Video Compression preview which allows you to see the file size of exported files before you export them.
- HEVC (H265 High Efficiency Video Coding) format support for iPhone footage and other smartphones.
- A new mask selection tool which supports motion tracking and special effects animation overlays such as smoke, birds, hearts and more.
Adobe Premiere Elements System Requirements
- Intel 7th Generation or newer processor or AMD equivalent with SSE4 and AVX support.
- 16GB of RAM for HD media
- 32GB or more of RAM for 4K media
- 4GB of GPU VRAM
- Fast internal SSD for app installation and cache
- Additional high-speed external drive for media
- macOS 10.13 or higher